Meeting will be in the Olbrich Gardens “Upstairs Meeting Room” … this is on the second floor, our normal meeting location. Masks ARE REQUIRED !!!
Meeting starts at 6:30pm, but goes to 9:00pm this month.
Agenda of October meeting:
- new member introductions
- discussion of wintering strategies
- bonsai design / styling discussions (formal and informal upright, cascade)
- Ralph’s mums showcase … should be in full bloom
- late-season nursery finds … hard going this year … what to look for
- discuss bonsai containers other than pots
- discuss a soil-mixing meeting in near future
- nomination of officers for 2022 (elections at Nov-11th meeting)
- collect / discussion of any new magazine reviews
- review any “Show’n’Tell” items … gets you an extra door prize ticket
- door prizes
Oct-2021 BBS Newsletter … needs PDF reader
also note that on Saturday Oct-16th: Olbrich Gardens has their Grand Opening of their new facilities from 10am to 2pm to showcase its new building addition …
AND the BBS will have a member’s social get together from noon to 2:30pm at Olbrich Picnic Shelter (on Walter Street, east of Olbrich Gardens) … non-alcoholic drinks and individually packaged snacks available … details provided in separate email to members.
Wayne (updated Oct-9th)
Badger Bonsai Society